What is Gaj Kesari Yog?
In this article, we are going to learn about a very powerful rajyog, known as Gaj-Kesari Yog. It’s one of the most powerful rajyogs in astrology and is formed by combination of the Moon and the Jupiter.
Gaj basically means Elephant and Kesari means Lion. So, such a person has huge capacity and very strong will power. He may even do impossible looking tasks if he/she determines to do them.
Let’s dive deeper!
- How is Gaj Kesari Yog formed?
- Strength of Gaj Kesari Yog
How is Gaj Kesari Yog formed?
Gaj-Kesari Yog is formed by conjunction of Moon and Jupiter, i.e. if these two planets are sitting in the same house of the kundali. In such a case, this yog is the strongest. For example, have a look at the following kundali:
In the kundali given above, both the Moon and the Jupiter are sitting in the fifth house. Thus forming Gaj-Kesari Yog.
Though this yog is also formed when these two planets are sitting in different houses and laying sight on each other. However, in such cases the strength of this yog may be a bit weaker.
Strength of Gaj Kesari Yog
Gaj Kesari Yog is not that uncommon. Many people might have it in their kundali. However, its strength may vary a lot. Even if both the Moon and the Jupiter are sitting in the same house, we need to check multiple more dimensions.
- If the degrees of the Moon and the Jupiter are too low (0 to 2), or too high (28 to 30), the Gaj-Kesari yog formed will not be very strong. This is the case with the kundali given above, where the degree of the Moon is 28. Though we can increase the power of a planet by wearing its gemstone, reciting its mantra, or worshipping the related God/Deity (e.g. Lord Shiv for the Moon).
- We must also check the Chalit kundali. Moon moves very fast and you may find it in a different house in chalit kundali. For example, when we checked the chalit kundali of the person whose lagna kundali has been given above, we saw that the moon was actually in the sixth house in his chalit kundali. This will further weaken his Gaj-Kesari yog.
- The two concerned planets must be yogkarak, and not marak. If either the Moon or the Jupiter is marak in the kundali, this yog will not be formed. Both these planets must be yogkarak in the kundali.
- This yog will also not work if any of these two planets is debilitated (neech) in the kundali. In the kundali given above, the Moon is debilitated in the 5th house, and so this yog will not give its results (Vipreet Raj yog will also not work in such cases as the lagna planet here is Moon itself, and for Vipreet Raj yog to work the lagna planet must be in a good state).
- This yog is the strongest if its formed in one of the central houses, i.e. 1, 4, 7, or 10. If this yog is formed in houses 2, 5, 9, or 11, it will still give 75-80% of its results. If this yog is formed in the 3rd house of the kundali, you will get to see the good results but after a lot of hard work.